|InoviX| Index du Forum
 FAQ  •  Rechercher  •  Membres  •  Groupes   •  S’enregistrer  •  Profil  •  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  •  Connexion
 Natural Materials Of The Holy Land And The Visual Transla Sujet suivant
Sujet précédent
Auteur Message
angelzop

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Sam 1 Juil - 11:41 (2017) Répondre en citantRevenir en haut

<P<EM>Natural Materials of the Holy Land and the Visual Translation of Place, 500-1500,</EM> focuses on the unique ways that natural materials carry the spirit of place. Since early Christianity, wood, earth, water and stone were taken from <Iloca sancta[/I] to signify them elsewhere. Academic discourse has indiscriminately grouped material tokens from holy places and their containers with architectural and topographical emulations, two-dimensional images and bodily relics. However, unlike textual or visual representations, natural materials do not describe or interpret the Holy Land; they are part of it. Tangible and timeless, they realize the meaning of their place of origin in new locations.

<PWhat makes earth, stones or bottled water transported from holy sites sacred? How do they become <Ipars pro toto[/I], signifying the whole from which they were taken? This book will examine natural media used for translating <Iloca sancta, [/I]the processes of their sanctification and how, although inherently abstract, they become charged with meaning. It will address their metamorphosis, natural or induced; how they change the environment to which they are transported; their capacity to translate a static and distant site elsewhere; the effect of their relocation on users/viewers; and how their containers and staging are used to communicate their substance.

Details:
price: $132.84
bound: 300 pages
publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (April 21, 2017)
lang: English
asin: B072HFFHYD
isbn:
weight:
filesize: 14146 KB

Natural Materials of the Holy Land and the Visual Translation of Place, 500-1500 (Routledge Research in Art History) Renana Bartal
Natural Materials of the Holy Land and the Visual Translation of Place, 500-1500 (Routledge Research in Art History) book from motorola read

2ffeafca65

Coloring Book of France. Part III (Volume 3)My Life to Live: How I Became the Queen of Soaps When Men Ruled the Airwaves Agnes NixonThe Musical World, 1861, Vol. 39 (Classic Reprint)Robert Plant Coloring Book: Master Frontman and Lyricist English Showman and Poet Inspired Adult Coloring Book (Coloring Book for Adults)A Summer in Greenland 2018: Kayak Adventures in Arctic Waters. (Calvendo Nature)Watercolor Coloring Book for Adults: Coloring Book for Adults &amp; Mandala Patterns Coloring Books for Grown-UpsViews of Meteora 2018: Old Monasteries in Greece (Calvendo Nature)Doodle Book For Adults: 8.5 x 11, 120 Unlined Blank Pages For Unguided Doodling, Drawing, Sketching &amp; WritingBlank Journal Women: 8.5 x 11, 120 Unlined Blank Pages For Unguided Doodling, Drawing, Sketching &amp; WritingMONKEY : Coloring Book Vol.8: A Coloring Book Containing 30 Monkey Designs in a Variety of Styles to Help you Relax (Volume 8)

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 1 Juil - 11:41 (2017) Revenir en haut

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Sauter vers:   

Sujet suivant
Sujet précédent

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation